5 to 7 years of age.
The Beaver program emphasizes having fun while encouraging children to feel good about themselves, their friends and family, God, and nature. Beavers helps children learn basic social skills and gain self confidence. The Beaver program promotes activities that encourage children to:
– find examples of their own spiritual beliefs
– experience and express love and joy
– be healthy and have good feelings about themselves
– develop a sense of belonging and sharing in small group activities
– develop a sense of cooperation through non-competitive activities
The Beaver program is built around a lively variety of games, crafts, music, storytelling, playacting, spiritual fellowship and the outdoors. Beaver activities stress cooperation and teamwork, and can involve the whole family.
The outdoors is an essential part of the Beaver program. Weekend events, picnics, short nature hikes and family based camping opportunities round out the Beaver experience.
Beavers meet in a group called a colony. The colony is split into smaller groups called lodges. There is one leader for every five Beavers. Each Beaver learns a promise, law and motto to help guide their personal development.
I promise to love God and help take care of the world.
A Beaver has fun, works hard and helps family and friends.
Sharing, Sharing, Sharing